The purpose of this position is to serve as receptionist at Meadowrun Affordable Pet Care, to perform record keeping duties, to perform clerical duties related to animal patient care and treatment, and to provide miscellaneous support to the Doctors, Manager, and the staff. This position requires a practical knowledge of hospital organization and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data transcribing, word processing, and a practical knowledge of the standard procedures, veterinary records, and terminology used in the hospital.
- General office practices and procedures including filing systems; receptionist and telephone techniques.
- Perform clerical work with speed and accuracy;
- Greet clients in a friendly and professional manner;
- Recognize the responsibilities involved in responding to client questions;
- Keep and organize records;
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
- Proficiently handle all forms of monies;
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance;
- Maintain a harmonious and cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
Goals of the Role
- To be efficient, very pleasant, courteous, polite, concerned, and helpful to all clients under all conditions and at all times.
- To see that the client leaves the office with another visit scheduled for their continued pet health care. Specifically, schedule a follow-up, re-check, or re-vaccination appointment or set up a reminder for future health care needs.
- To keep the office organized, ensuring a smooth and efficient client flow.
- To see that appointments remain on schedule by being totally familiar with times required for different procedures and problems, scheduling accordingly.
- Follow hospital policies and procedures.
- Receive all incoming calls. Answer the telephone as soon as possible with a smile.
- Receives clients as they arrive and establishes the purpose of each visit. Acknowledge clients within 10 seconds of walking through the doors.
- Coordinate client and pet flow.
- Schedules all appointments.
- Perform follow up calls for updates on patients.
- Updates the existing medical file and history or collects sufficient information to prepare a new file.
- Receives payment for products and services rendered.
- Answers questions regarding the status of hospitalized patients as directed by the veterinarian.
- Maintains the appearance of the reception area.
- Refiles medical records and files medical reports into the appropriate medical records.
- Refills prescriptions in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Responsible for closing out at the end of the day.
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits: For motivated individuals who love helping people help their pets, we provide a competitive salary and employee discounts on veterinary care and products. You will receive PTO , Holidays and Bonus pay structure with 401k for all full time employees.
Salary: $13-15 per hour starting wage for receptionist
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least two years of experience in general office work with increasing responsibilities. Recent experience at a veterinary hospital is highly preferred.