If animals are your passion come join our amazing team. We love helping pets and it shows. We treat our team and clients like family.
Meadowrun Affordable Pet Care is seeking a full-time Technician to join our team in providing high-quality medical care and excellent customer service to the pets of Brandon, Florida.
Our veterinary facility is a full-service small animal hospital located in Brandon, Meadowrun Affordable Pet Care provides medical, soft tissue surgery and dental services. We have in-house laboratory, digital radiology, and much more!
We are looking for a friendly and knowledgeable person to add to our amazing team of professionals and perform many essential functions of the veterinary technician. This essential individual needs to be flexible and willing to have cross training to serve as backup for reception and customer service rolls.
A Brief Summary of the Veterinary Technician Role:
- Collect and record information about the client and patients.
- Advise, educate and explain our recommendations for preventative care.
- Perform routine specified procedures (including venipuncture, placement of IV catheters, etc).
- Administer vaccines or other treatments as directed by our DVM’s.
- Admit patients, provide estimates and release forms.
- Perform laboratory evaluations and record results.
- Fill and refill prescriptions. Working knowledge of HESKA and Idexx In-House Equipment, Digital X-ray Systems, Cornerstone Veterinary Software, Microsoft Office, Email, Internet,
- Position, Take and process digital radiographs.
Qualifications and Skills
This position is available for full-time applicants. Professional, mature, hard-working individuals who have an ability to work with others is required. This position is open to individuals who enjoy working with companion animals and their owners, in a professional, challenging setting, yet a relaxed and focused environment. This position is open for full time shifts available at our facility. Weekends on rotation are required for this position.
For motivated individuals who love helping people help their pets we provide a competitive salary, and employee discounts on veterinary care and products and growth based bonuses.
Excellent Competitive Wages Depending Upon Experience and Skill Level. Previous Veterinary Technician Experience, Minimum 2 Years or More Required. For highly skilled technicians in advanced surgery techniques are highly encouraged to apply!!!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Based on Experience Level
- Veterinary technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CVT (Preferred)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- 401K for full time employees
Hours per week:
We look forward to meeting you and gaining another amazing team member!